Physiotherapy can assist you in maintaining, maximizing, and restoring your movement, strength, function, and overall well-being. A physiotherapist has in-depth knowledge of how your body works and can clinically diagnose, assess, and treat symptoms of disability, injury, and illness. With the help of physiotherapy, you can stay active, prevent injury, reduce pain, breathe easier, become more flexible and stronger, and increase mobility and freedom of movement. If you are struggling with limited mobility, persistent pain, or discomfort, we can help. At East York Physiotherapy & Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Clinic, we’re also a sports injury clinic. We offer comprehensive care that combines a holistic approach to ensure long-term wellness. Our goal is to help every patient who comes for East Toronto physio attain optimal health through quality, personalized care.
Our East Toronto Physiotherapy Services
Physiotherapy in East Toronto involves various preventative and treatment approaches, depending on your specific issues. We have the best physiotherapists in East Toronto who offer a number of physiotherapy services, including:
This entails manually manipulating soft tissues like ligaments, tendons, and muscles. The therapy aids in reducing tension build-up in specific muscles due to stress or injury. Massage helps with blood flow, which speeds up the recovery process. It also stimulates normal movement as well as function. Other benefits of massage therapy include:
- Pain relief
- Stress reduction
- Removal of waste products and toxins from the body
This involves particular physiotherapy techniques carried out in the water. Hydrotherapy helps to relieve pain and strengthen muscles to ultimately improve function and assist in recovery and rehabilitation from serious injuries, hard training, among other issues. The therapy is a popular treatment for patients suffering from musculoskeletal and neurologic conditions. Its therapeutic effects are:
- Relieving muscle spasm
- Re-educating paralyzed muscles
- Stimulating positive blood flow to promote muscle relaxation
- Developing endurance and power of weak muscles
These exercises aim to improve a patient's physical fitness, minimize health-related risks, prevent body impairment, and promote a healthy body. Our physiotherapists will plan exercises depending on your needs. They will listen to your problems, assess your present and past medical history, give you a thorough examination, then make a provisional diagnosis. Some of our physiotherapy exercises are:
- Stretching exercises, which are suitable for all joints and maintaining the flexibility of a patient’s body
- Range of motion exercises – These exercises maintain joint movement and increase the range of motion of joints.
- Aerobic exercises – The three main components of the program are the warm-up phase, conditioning phase, and cool-down phase. The warm-up phase aims to minimize the risk of injury by increasing the temperature of the muscles. Usually, warm-up takes around 10-15 minutes. The conditioning phase involves actual exercises but within tolerance levels to ensure clinical symptoms are not triggered. Lastly, the cool-down phase enhances the recovery period and prevents complications such as arrhythmias or ischemia. Typically, this phase lasts anywhere between 5-10 minutes.
Leading Physical Therapy Clinic
At our East Toronto Orthopaedic clinic, we are dedicated to offering second to none, attentive, and personalized rehabilitation services. With the help of our highly trained East Toronto physiotherapists, you’ll be able to get back to work, school, and your family with improved strength, mobility, and health. To schedule an appointment for physiotherapy & sports injury services in East Toronto, contact East York Physiotherapy & Orthopaedic Rehabilitation Clinic today on 647-496-2781.
View Larger Map